Inflight Wi-Fi (international routes)
when you fly
You can connect your smartphone, tablet PC and
other Wi-Fi capable devices to internet on our international flights.
- About Wi-Fi on international flights
- Applicable routes
- Applicable classes
- Supported devices
About Wi-Fi on international flights
When flying our international flights, you may connect your smartphone, laptop and other Wi-Fi capable devices to the inflight Wi-Fi.
Connect to the internet onboard, enjoy Web browsing, checking e-mail, updating SNS and more during your flight with us.
- You cannot use VoIP service such as Skype during a flight because of limited communication capacity.
- As the inflight Wi-Fi relies on the use of satellite communications, access to the Internet may be lost or unstable on certain flight routes and due to weather conditions. When connections are lost or become unstable, normal access may not be restored for a period of several minutes to several hours.
- Communications satellite coverage is not available in airspace over the Alaska/Canada border. Communications may be interrupted for upwards of an hour on certain flight routes.
- It may take more time to view or download large videos or data which require high-speed Internet connection. It may also be difficult to establish a connection at times of heavy network access by other users.
To find Aircrafts with Inflight Wi-Fi service, Flight search and look for theWi-Fi mark in Schedule column for that flight.
- *Aircrafts with Wi-Fi service are subject to change on the day of departure.
- *For Boeing 787 aircrafts, inflight Wi-Fi is only available on some flights with internet access equipment installed.
Information about other Wi-Fi aircrafts rather than above will not be announced on JAL's website as the operation status is subject to change.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your kind understanding. If your flight is operated by Boeing 787 aircraft, you may check whether inflight Wi-Fi is available or not on the day prior to or the day of scheduled departure.
Inquiries about aircraft with inflight Wi-Fi
First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class (all classes)
Wi-Fi capable devices (smartphone, tablet PC, laptop, etc.)
|Charge Plan||Connection time*1||Charges||Charges for JALCARD holders*2|
|1-hour Plan||1 hour||US$10.15||US$9.15|
|3-hour Plan||3 hours||US$14.40||US$12.95|
|Flight Plan*3||24 hours||US$18.80||US$16.80|
- *1Connection time is counted upon your initial login.
- *2Payment must be made by JALCARD, JAL USA CARD, or JAL Shanghai Pudong Development Bank credit card.
- *3Passengers who choose Flight Plan may continue using inflight Wi-Fi on connecting flights for 24 hours from initial login.
- *There are no data limits.
Special offer for First Class passengers
JAL's First Class passengers are entitled to enjoy complimentary internet access onboard.
Please feel free to contact our flight attendants for more details.
Better deals for JAL Mileage Bank members
Please see our FAQ for questions concerning inflight Wi-Fi service.
- Questions about
Inflight Wi-Fi service
- Questions about
the purchase process
- Features and restrictions
Inflight internet access service on international flights is provided by T-mobile.
For questions regarding this service, including account registration or technical problem in connectivity, please contact below.
Contact by e-mail
Contact by phone
Toll-free in Japan (Japanese/English)
* IP phone is not supported.
For international call (Japanese/English)
* Phone charges (if any) will be appled to the caller.
To find Aircrafts with Inflight Wi-Fi service,
Flight search and look for theWi-Fi mark in Schedule column for that flight.