Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (DB) Rail & Fly Service
Passengers on flights JL407/408 who travel onwards using Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (Connections must be in 24hours.)
- [First Class]
- Flex F
- [Business Class]
- Flex J, Smi-Flex J, Saver C / D
- [Premium economy Class]
- Flex W, Standard W, Saver E
- [Economy Class]
- Flex Y, Standard B, Saver H / K / M / L / V / S
- *IATA fare and oneworld fare are not applicable for this service.
- *JAL Group international award tickets, and tickets issued by other carriers are not applicable for this service.
Main Deutsche Bahn Rail Services routes (to and from Frankfurt Airport station)
All Deutsche Bahn (DB) sectors to/from Frankfurt Airport Station and Frankfurt Central Station (including Basel Badischer Station and Salzburg Station)
- *If customers get on/off the DB at Frankfurt Central Station, he/she should purchase new DB ticket for Frankfurt Central Station to/from Frankfurt Airport Station.
- *Services in the Frankfurt local area (Rhein Main Verkehrsverband area), Thalys, DB Autozug, special train (Sonderzügen), and City Night Line are not covered by this offer.
In accordance with the applicable Fare Regulations.
How to use the service
- Please book this service when making your international flight ticket reservation through JAL website, call center (JAL International Reservation and Information), or your travel agent.
This service cannot be requested after your flight ticket has been purchased.
- Customers travelling on JL407/JL408 with booking class of F/A/J/C/D/X/W/E/Y/B indicated on the ticket can board 1st class on Deutsche Bahn. 2nd class is applied for customers who reserved other classes.
* In case 1st class seat is not available, 2nd class will be provided instead.
- A DB reservation number will be issued upon the purchase of your ticket. Please make a note of this number, as you will need to exchange it for your Deutsche Bahn Rail Services tickets.
- Online ticket can be issued from 72 hours prior to your journey.
Online eTicket Check-in
- Please access to AccesRail check-in website with your e-ticket number or Reservation number (6-digit) and print out the online rail ticket.
the AccesRail check-in website
- Changes to a booking may not be permitted after the issue of Online ticket. Train portion is issued as part of flight ticket. It is necessary to be used in order of the ticket. If the customer does not follow the itinerary in order or has a segment that will not be flown listed on the ticket, this could invalidate the ticket, including all remaining segments, and render the ticket unusable in accordance with fare regulations.
Automated ticket machines
- Your train tickets can be retrieved from the automated ticket machines situated in every station from 72 hours prior to departure of JL407/JL408 on Deutsche Bahn Rail Services. Please pick up your tickets before boarding a train.
DB Reservation Number is necessary to pick up the ticket. Please take a note of the number upon reservation as it is not shown on your e-ticket itinerary/receipt.
Train Ticket Online pick-up option is available. For more information, please click the button below.
Train Ticket Online pick-up option is available.
You may refer to the following details regarding transfers to Deutsche Bahn Rail Services.
In order to view PDF documents, you will need to install Adobe Reader on your computer.
Q&A Regarding Deutsche Bahn
Is the time shown on my e-ticket the actual departure (arrival) time of Deutsche Bahn?
The departure (arrival) time is only for reference.
You may take any train if the connecting train to/from JL407/JL408 is within 24 hours of arrival/departure. Please confirm train type and departure time and take extra time.
* When departing from Frankfurt by JL408, please arrive at the airport at least 90mins before departure time.
Can I board Deutsche Bahn without pick up my checked baggage after JL407 arrival?
Your baggage may not be checked through to Deutsche Bahn.
Pick up your baggage upon arrival at Frankfurt Airport and board the train.
Can I reserve a seat?
The ticket is issued not as a reserved-seat ticket but a railway ticket. Please take an available seat after boarding.
If you prefer a reserved seat, purchase a reserved-seat ticket at the Deutsche Bahn counter.
Also, please note that if characters are displayed on the electric board located on the overhead of seat, the seat is already reserved.
Can I board ICE sprinter?
The additional charge to board ICE Sprinter is no longer necessary from December 2015.
You can board with your ticket without any charge.
Can I use the Deutsche Bahn at the same time with JAL AIRPORT EXPRESS Bus Service?
This service is for trains that depart and arrive at either Frankfurt Airport Station or Frankfurt Central Station. Therefore, it is not possible to use the Bus Service from Frankfurt Airport to Dusseldolf and then use Deutsche Bahn from Dusseldolf Station or vice versa.
It can be used when you use the Bus Service from Frankfurt Airport to Dusseldolf for going and Deutsche Bahn from any station within Germany (including Basel Badischer Station and Salzburg Station) to Frankfurt Airport for return.
Is it necessary to change the train in case of connecting from a sector outside Germany?
There is no need to disembark or exit outside the ticket gate at a station on the border when holding in advance a ticket of a rail company of the relevant country from outside Germany to a station on the German-side border.
*Connection to/from Belgium is not applicable after January, 2017.
Deutsche Bahn ticket could not be issued at a self check-in machine. I received a substitute ticket to board, and what do I do?
Please submit the substitute ticket (a docment written "Fahrpreisnacherhegung") to a JAL staff at Frankfurt Airport or contact the nearest JAL Reservation Center as soon as possible after travel is completed.
Also, if you purchased a new ticket, please contact us as refund may be possible in some cases.
- *After exchanging for your Deutsche Bahn Rail Services rail tickets, the Deutsche Bahn Rail Services Conditions of Carriage apply.
- *Tickets including Deutsche Bahn Rail Services are not available for purchase online when your itinerary starts from Germany. Please contact JAL International Reservation and Information for purchase.
- JAL International Reservation and Information
- *For any inquiry during your stay in Europe, please refer to the contact below.
- JAL Group Offices and Contacts in EUROPE and AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST
Please see Rail&Fly important information or the "Deutsche Bahn Rail Services" page for details.