INFORMATION REGARDING [FUEL SURCHARGE] AND [INSURANCE SURCHARGE]
FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
Updated on June 13, 2017
JAL applies fuel surcharge and insurance surcharge on all international passenger tickets. The surcharge applies to JL coded flights including JAL flights operated by other airlines.
Details of the Fuel Surcharge and Insurance Surcharge are as follows:
We originally introduced Fuel surcharge in response to unprecedented rises. We highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Fuel surcharge will be reviewed and revised bimonthly. (Please click here for further details of the revision.)
( Tickets issued on/after April 1 until September 30, 2017 )
Per person for each segment from/to Japan
||For travel originating outside Japan
| Japan-Korea, Far East Russia
| Japan-Hong Kong
||USD 6 (*2)
|Japan-Guam, Philippines, Palau, Vietnam
|Japan-Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia
|Japan-Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Hawaii
||USD 43 (*3)
||USD 43 (*5)
||USD 43 (*6)
- (*1) Not applicable for itineraries originating in Philippines or Brazil
- (*2) The itinerary originating in Hong Kong : Not applicable
- (*3) CAD43 for the itinerary originating in Canada
- (*4) For the JL codeshare flights within Europe operated by British Airways (BA) /Finnair (AY/N7)/Iberia (IB), the following amounts will be applied per sector.
|Country of departure for travel
|Europe (except United Kingdom)
|Other than Europe
- These are not subject to bimonthly revision.
- (*5) GBP27 for the itinerary originating in UK. EUR34 for the itinerary originating in Europe(except UK).
- (*6) AUD42 for the itinerary originating in Australia.
- 1. In addition to the applicable air fares and charges, the fuel surcharge in effect on the day of ticketing shall be applied.
- 2. The amounts for the fuel surcharge are the same for adults, children and infants occupying seats. Infants without seats are exempt from the fuel surcharge.
The fuel surcharge shall apply to JAL Mileage Bank award tickets.
- 3. When a ticket is presented for refund, the full amount of the fuel surcharge shall be returned.
- 4. The fuel surcharge may change without advance notice according to approvals from relevant governments.
5. The handling procedures for an adjustment of the fuel surcharge occurring after a ticket is issued up to the date of departure are as follows.
1) When a ticket is not changed(*),
no differential adjustment of the fuel surcharge will be made.
2) When the first international sector of the ticket is changed (*),
The difference between the previous fuel surcharge and the newly revised fuel surcharge applicable to the ticket issuance date will be adjusted. (the whole itinerary will be reassessed)
3) When items other than the first international sector of a ticket are changed,
no differential adjustments of the fuel surcharge will be made for changes other than the first international sector.
* Change means changes in itinerary, departure date with the same flight number, flight number with the same itinerary and rebooking of the new flights on the open dated award tickets previously cancelled.
Example: For the first international sector
- - Departure date change from September 1 to September 20 for JL717 Tokyo-Bangkok
- - Flight number change from JL717 to JL707 Tokyo-Bangkok on the same day
- - Making reservation of JL717 on September 1 Tokyo-Bangkok for open dated ticket
To cover the cost of the extra safety and security measures, an insurance surcharge is added to the price of tickets. We highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
||Amount per person for each segment
|Outside of Japan
* Except flights to/from Canada/Hong Kong, and travel originating in Brazil
- 1. In addition to the applicable air fares and charges, the insurance surcharge in effect on the day of ticketing shall be applied.
- 2. The amounts for the insurance surcharge are the same for adults, children and infants.
The insurance surcharge shall apply to JAL Mileage Bank award tickets.
- 3. When a ticket is presented for refund, the full amount of the insurance surcharge shall be returned.
- 4. The insurance surcharge may change without advance notice.
Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
To Page top