See here for details about Web Check-in
JALís International Web Check-In Service has become more convenient!
Use Web Check-In Service over the JAL website or mobile site
- You can select your own seat from the seat map! Customers who have already selected a seat can change their seats by using Web Check-In Service.
- * Some seats are excluded from the Advance Seat Selection Service, such as seats for installing a bassinet.
As this service is on a first come, first serve basis, you may not be able to reserve your requested seat. We would appreciate your understanding.
Receive your boarding pass by e-mail ! (This service is not available for package tour passenger.)
- After purchasing a ticket, select a seat and register your passport data, etc.Boarding pass will be sent to your e-mail address at 24 hours prior to the departure. Print out is easy, too.
- * If the conditions for Web check-in are not met 24 hours prior to departure, auto Web check-in cannot be done.
- * Access "Web Check-in" under International Flights on the JAL website to confirm your Web check-in status.
Customers using an e-ticket.
JAL's Direct Boarding QuiC cannot be used by the following customers.
- Passengers departing on several different flights from the same airport on the same day in the same reservation record.
Customers requiring special assistance at boarding
*)A customer with an infant aged below 2 years using a seat may use JAL's Direct Boarding QuiC.
*)A customer with an infant aged below 2 years not using a seat may use the advance seat selection service, but shall collect a boarding pass at the check-in counter.
- Customers with the same first/last name in the same reservation record
- When a reservation number of a JAL flight is not registered
Check the reservation number for a JL/Japan Airlines flight, and input the reservation number.
*)For reservations made by a travel agent, the reservation number in the reservation system and reservation number for a JAL flight may differ.
- When the JMB number used to Log In is not registered in the reservation record
*) JAL can check registration status.
- When the password from travel agent number used to Log In is not registered in the reservation record
*)Check with the travel agent where you made reservations.
- When the customer has purchased a tour which is not eligible for JAL's Direct Boarding QuiC.
*)Check with the travel agent where you purchased the tour.
- When information of a reserved flight has been updated due to change of reservation, etc., but ticket information on the customer's e-ticket has not been updated.
- Customers holding valid US Visa.
All routes operated by JAL international flights
*However, the following flights are excluded.
- Code-share flights operated by other airlines except American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair and Iberia
- Charter flights
Use of this service is restricted depending on the departure airport, due to local laws and restrictions.
Please check here about the service provided at the departure airport.
Acceptance of International Web Check-in
From 72 hours to 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure time of an international flight This service is inoperable during system maintenance due to change of aircraft, etc.
If you wish to cancel an international flight for which you have completed Web check-in, please contact your nearest JAL office or the travel agent, and cancel or change your reservation.
Check-in for AA, BA, AY and IB flights
We have commenced a mutual Web Check-in service in conjunction with American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair and Iberia.
JAL's Web Check-in service is available as follows:
- For flights operated by American Airlines, from 24 hours prior to departure (local time).
- For flights operated by British Airways, from 24 hours prior to departure (local time).
- For flights operated by Finnair, from 36 hours prior to departure (local time).
- For flights operated by Iberia, from 24 hours prior to departure (local time).
*Some reservations made through travel agencies may not be handled by this system.
*Check-in for AA, BA, AY and IB flights are not available for mobile site.
Direct Boarding for business trips and package tours!
- *1 Certain tour may be requested to stop by at the counter. Please check with your travel agent. Not available for tours departing from Guam. For tours departing Honolulu, Web Cehck-in service will be available from on and after June 1st, 2017 in Honolulu's local time.
To Page top