KONA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Updated : 2017/8/31
- Terminal map
- Terminal guidance of oneworld member airlines
- Japan → Kona → Other islands
- Other islands → Kona → Japan
Terminal guidance of oneworld member airlines
Japan → Kona → Other islands
All passengers arriving at Kona International Airport from overseas must process through US Immigration and Customs, regardless of whether they are transiting or staying in Kona. Passengers must retrieve all their checked baggage and proceed to the customs inspection area.
After completing the customs inspection, passengers with connecting flights must present their airline tickets JAL Customs to re-check in their baggage.
* Passengers without their boarding passes for their connecting flight may check in at the departure terminal at their connecting air carrier.
Other islands → Kona → Japan
Passengers must check to see if their check in baggage is tagged through to their final destination (Japan) in order to transit through Kona without retrieving their baggage. Baggage only tagged only to Kona will be dropped off at Kona and will not be transferred on own to the connecting carrier. The final destination of the baggage may be verified with the baggage claim tag issued when the baggage was checked in.
Details on how to obtain the boarding pass are as follows:
- Arrivals at Terminal 2 : Departure lobby JAL check-in counter (your baggage will undergo another inspection).
- Arrivals at Terminal 1 : JAL departure gate . * The check-in closing time is 1 hour prior to departure. All passengers are required to complete the process before this time.
* The check-in closing time is 45 minutes prior to departure. All passengers are required to complete the process before this time.