JAL to Open Newly Renovated Sakura Lounge at Naha Airport (Okinawa)
Japan Airlines (JAL) is pleased to announce that it will open the newly renovated Sakura Lounge for domestic flights at Naha Airport on February 28, 2017. The new lounge, which offers high quality and sophistication, incorporates the new design applied at the domestic lounge at Sapporo New Chitose Airport based on the concept of "Japan's appearance".
February 28, 2017 (Tue)
The lounge was designed based on the concept of "Japan's appearance" by famous Japanese interior designer Ryu Kosaka and Hironori Takeuchi, who designed JALís international lounge at Tokyo Haneda Airport and JALís domestic lounge at Sapporo New Chitose Airport.
The new Sakura Lounge at Naha Airport offers high quality and sophistication with a modern touch, while blending textures of Japanese materials.
Ryu Kosaka (interior designer)
Born in Tokyo in 1960. After graduating from Musashino Art University, Faculty of Art and Design, Architecture, joined NOMURA Co., Ltd. Currently Commercial Environment Business Division. A.N.D. Creative Director. His motto is to "translate the clientís thoughts into attractive form". Has designed many restaurants, the main dining room at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo, and supervised the environmental design of Shinmaru Building, Tokyo.
Hironori Takeuchi (designer)
Born in Chiba in 1982. Graduated Musashino Art University. In 2011, joined NOMURA Co., Ltd. Has Designed many luxury spaces, including JALís international lounge at Tokyo Haneda Airport, W Guangzhou- FEI, LOUNGE by Francfranc.
(image of reception)
(image of lounge)
Overview of facilities
- -Approximately 20% more spacious than the former Sakura Lounge, while the number of seats has been contained to 85 seats (an additional 7 seats) to offer a relaxing and comfortable environment.
- -Nearly all seats are installed with an electric outlet and space to stow bags to provide customers with both comfort and convenience.
- -Art works produced by artists having close ties with Okinawa and unique Okinawan objects are displayed in various places to create an intimate atmosphere of Okinawa.
- -The layout is designed to match the customersí various travel scenes, such as business travel or vacationing with family.
- -A Security Check point for passengers on First Class and members of JMB Diamond and JGC Premier is newly set up.
(overview of facilities)
Alternative service during construction period
As an alternative service, we will distribute meal coupons for use inside the terminal to customers planning to use Sakura Lounge during the construction period.
- Eligible customers to receive meal coupon
Customers qualified to use Sakura Lounge on the day of departure
- Validity period of meal coupon
Valid until March 31, 2017
- Facilities where the meal coupon can be used
Restaurants inside the airport. Please note that some shops will not accept the meal coupon.
- Where to pick up meal coupon
Please come to the JAL First class counter, JAL Global Club counter located on the third floor, or the connection counter located on the second floor.
The JAL Group will continue to embrace the challenge to improve the customersí convenience.
February 17, 2017
Japan Transocean Air
Ryukyu Air Commuter