Kagoshima is the southernmost prefecture in Japan, best known for its warm climate,
live volcanoes, Satsuma-age history, hot springs, scenaric view and appealing local cuisine.
We have planned an itinerary well, listed up domestic air fare deals,
hotel booking rewards and exclusive discount on car rental for you to explore around this "Naples of the Orient".
Simply book all the holiday essentials with us, and pack your bag to go!
A 3-day-2-night fly-drive itinerary along Kagoshima Bay designed by our local travel experts.
*Images and descriptions data shown on the map are driven from Google Maps.
*All spot, route and flight information are for reference only and subject to change.
- Car rental at Kagoshima Airport
- Lunch - Kagoshima Ramen
- Local dessert - Shirokuma shave ice
- Chiran Samurai Residences
- Chiran Peace Museum
- Cape Nagasakibana
- Dinner & hotel stay- Ibusuki onsen town
Kagoshima's renowned and top-ranked ramen restaurant. Exquisite braised pork slices and chewy, medium-thick noodles make perfect partners with a delicious soup brewed from chicken and seafood stock.
Lodging in Ibusuki to experience the natural steam sand baths. Said to be good for stiff shoulders and improving circulation, the baths are great way to detox.
- Nankyu Ferry -Yamagawa Port
(Tips: check timetable in advance)
- Nankyu Ferry -Nejime Port
- Ogawa-no-Taki Waterfall
- Lunch - local seafood
- Arimura Observation Point
- Sakurajima Visitor Center & Nagisa Park Foot Bath
- Sakurajima Ferry - Sakurajima Port
- Sakurajima Ferry - Kagoshima Port
- Senganen Garden
(World Heritage, Sites of Meiji Industrial Revolution)
- Dinner & hotel stay - Kagoshima city
Have your breath taken away by this simply magical scenery along the bluffs in the Ogawa River Valley. Observation deck at the top of the south side is our recommended point to see the entirety of this beautiful waterfall.
This ferry connects Kagoshima with Sakurajima with breathtaking Sakurajima as a backdrop. Snack the udon noodles served on board, a soul food among Kagoshima locals. Standard vehicles can be taken onto the ferry.
- Kirishima Onsen Market
- Kirishima Shrine
- Kurobuta no Yakata
- Car return at Kagoshima Airport
An ancient shrine built in the 6th century to worship Ninigi-no-Mikoto, a deity in Japanese mythology. The estimated 800-years-old Japanese Cedars surrounding the shrine is thought to be flowing with mystical energy.
Conveniently-located market contains a number of facilities that include a plaza to enjoy foot bath, onsen tamago (Japanese soft-cooked eggs) and onsen manju (bean paste stuffed buns) made using natural steam.
Take advantage of our SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares to save more on your domestic travel in Japan. The earlier you book, the greater the discount we offer.
Fare examples (one-way)
|Route||75 days before
|55 days before
|45 days before
|28 days before
|Ultra SAKITOKU||Super SAKITOKU||SAKITOKU Type B||SAKITOKU Type A|
- *Passenger Facility Charge will be added to fares for flights departing from and arriving at Haneda, Narita, Chubu and Kitakyushu Airports. Fare amount may change without notice. For details, please check Notification of ticket handling (for purchased ticket).
- *The fare (lowest and highest) examples listed above are effective for the dates provided regardless the actual seat or fare availability.
- *The number of available seats is limited. The discount fare may not be applicable on some routes, flights and dates.
- *SAKITOKU Fares are not applicable for the following routes: Okinawa - Kita Daito / Minami Daito, Kita Daito - Minami Daito, Miyako - Tarama, Ishigaki - Yonaguni.
Please check the fare regulations for more details about the required reservation and purchase deadlines for different departure dates.
Fare deals available up to 21 days before departure
Spontaneous trip? Relax. Here is the fare deal available up to 21 days before departure.
Book your hotel stay on our partner sites, get your every stay rewarded with JMB miles.
Earn 1 JMB mile for every ¥200 of the accomodation charge.
Hire a car for more flexible mobility on ground and maximize your enjoyable time
with friends or family. Check out the hot offer exclusive for JAL passengers.
Earn 1 JMB mile for every ¥100 spent on the rental charge.