Special Transit Fare
Special Transit Fare includes First Class Special Transit Fare, Class J Special Transit Fare and Special Transit Fare. (Child Fare / Discount for the Disabled are available for this fare type.)
For ticket purchased before November 15, 2017, the ticket validity has been changed. Please refer to "Ticket Validity" below for more details.
This fare type is available to customers aged 3 and older traveling on specific routes (2 segments) on the same day with a connection. The 2 segments must be reserved and purchased together.
Please refer to the press release for eligible routes.
March 25 - October 27, 2018
Peak 1: July 1 - August 2, August 20 - 31
Peak 2: March 25 - 31, August 3 - 19
Off-peak: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 27
October 28, 2018 - March 30, 2019
Peak 1: December 1 - 13, 2018, March 1 - 7, 2019
Peak 2: December 14, 2018 - January 6, 2019 and March 8 - 30, 2019
Off-peak: October 28 - November 30, 2018, January 7 - February 28, 2019
March 31 - October 26, 2019
Peak 1: July 1 - August 1, 19 - 31, 2019
Peak 2: March 31, August 2 - 18, 2019
Off-peak: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 26, 2019
From 9:30AM on the day two months prior to the date of travel, until the date of travel
- * If the outbound flight is reserved with the return flight at the same time, the return flights can be booked even before they go on sale.. (Return Flight Confirmation Service)
Tickets are valid on the ticket issuance date and remain valid for 1 year from the next day of ticket issuance date.
Reserved tickets are valid only for the specified reserved flight. Please change or cancel your reservation prior to departure time if you do not plan to board the reserved flight. (Tickets not changed or canceled by departure time cannot be used to fly.)
Ticket purchase deadline
Tickets must be purchased within three days of reservation.
- * If the date of reservation is within two days of the date of travel, tickets must be purchased by the date of travel. (They can be purchased at the airport.)
Reservation changes are permitted.
- * Travelers and routes may not be changed, nor may routes be reversed.
- * Please ensure changes are made at least 15 minutes prior to the reserved flight's departure.
- * If a change in reservation causes the fare to increase over the original fare, the fare difference must be paid.
- * If you purchase a One-Way Fare ticket and later wish to add a return flight and apply the Round-Trip Fare, please contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information).
A charge will be applied for changes to Class J or First Class at the departure airport on the date of travel.
Travelers to/from Tokyo (Haneda/Narita), Osaka (Itami/Kansai), and Fukuoka (Fukuoka/Kitakyushu) may choose either airport as their point of departure/arrival.
Cancellations must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time of the reserved flight.
Refunds and cancellations of purchased tickets are subject to designated handling charges.
The deadline to receive a refund is 10 days from the day after the ticket expires.
If a refund is requested for one segment only, the One-Way Fare will be applied to the remaining segment. If a refund is requested for the second segment after the first is complete, the One-Way Fare will be applied to the completed segment and the remaining balance will be refunded.
Economy: Available for reservation
Class J: Available for reservation and same-day upgrade
First Class: Available for reservation and same-day upgrade
Mileage accumulation rate
Special Transit Fare: 100%
Class J Special Transit Fare: 110%
First Class Special Transit Fare: 150%
- It cannot be used in conjunction with other discounted fares.
- If using the Special Transit Fare for the Disabled, please contact JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information). A Disability Certificate, Disabled Veteran Certificate, Rehabilitation Certificate, or JMB card or JALCARD with the customer's personal information registered is required for reservation/purchase.
- Special Transit Fare for the Disabled travelers who reserve and purchase tickets without registering their personal information in advance cannot use the JAL Touch & Go boarding unless they present their certificate at the time of purchase.
Please refer to the press release for fares.