Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare
This fare type is available to customers aged 65 and older if there are seats available at the departure airport on the date of travel.
- *When purchasing tickets and checking in, please present either your JALCARD or JMB card with your personal information registered, an official document listing your date of birth, or your Silver Pass. You must present one of these to receive the discount.
Please contact JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) for further instructions about registering passenger information.
Domestic routes operated by the JAL Group
- *The Senior Citizen Standby Fare is not available on codeshare flights with Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) or Amakusa Airlines (AMX) flights, or on RAC flights between Okinawa (Naha) and Minami-Daito/Kita-Daito, Minami-Daito and Kita-Daito, or Miyako and Tarama.
March 31 - October 26, 2019
Period I: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 26, 2019
Period II: March 31, July 1 - August 31, 2019
October 27, 2019 - March 28, 2020
Period I: October 27 - November 30, 2019 and January 6 - February 29, 2020
Period II: December 1, 2019 - January 5, 2020 and March 1 - 28, 2020
March 29 - October 24, 2020
Period I: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 24, 2020
Period II: March 29 - 31, July 1 - August 31, 2020
This fare cannot be reserved in advance.
From the opening of the airport counter on the date of travel until 20 minutes before departure (can only be purchased at the departure airport)
Tickets are valid on the ticket issuance date and remain valid for 1 year from the next day of ticket issuance date.
Reserved tickets are valid only for the specified reserved flight. Please change or cancel your reservation prior to departure time if you do not plan to board the reserved flight. (Tickets not changed or canceled by departure time cannot be used to fly.)
Ticket purchase deadline
Please purchase tickets at least 20 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Please check with an airport staff member to change flights.
- * Travelers and routes may not be changed, nor may routes be reversed.
- * Please ensure changes are made at least 15 minutes prior to the reserved flight's departure.
- * If a change in reservation causes the fare to increase over the original fare, the fare difference must be paid.
A charge will be applied for changes to Class J or First Class at the departure airport on the date of travel.
Travelers to/from Tokyo (Haneda/Narita), Osaka (Itami/Kansai), and Fukuoka (Fukuoka/Kitakyushu) may choose either airport as their point of departure/arrival.
Cancellations must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time of the reserved flight.
Refunds and cancellations of purchased tickets are subject to designated handling charges.
The deadline to receive a refund is 10 days from the day after the ticket expires.
Economy: Not available for reservation
Class J: Not available for reservation. Available for same-day upgrade
First Class: Not available for reservation. Available for same-day upgrade
Mileage accumulation rate
Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare: 75%
- It is not possible to change to or from other discount fares. In addition, you cannot divert a reservation that you had previously acquired with another fare.
- Users of this fare are not eligible for the JAL Touch & Go boarding.
Select route and date to check fares
- *Past fares may be searched up to one year prior to today's date.
- *Some flights may not be searchable due to flight number changes. Please contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) for details.