- The Following minimum connecting time (MCT) is applicable for JAL group Okinawa/Naha connecting flights.
- Until October 27, 2018 (Sat) : 20 minutes
- From October 28, 2018 (Sun) : 30 minutes
With through check-in, you will be able to check in for all your same-day connecting JAL group domestic flights at the departure airport for the first leg of your journey. There is no need to check in again at your connecting airports.
- *Not applicable to codeshare flights.
Before Boarding Your Flight
For connecting passengers*, please present ALL tickets including confirmed itineraries issued by airlines or travel agencies up to your final destination at the check-in counter upon the departure airport for the first flight of your journey. As long as your connecting JAL flight departs from the same airport as your arrival flight, your baggage will be checked through to your final destination.
- *Even if you are connecting onto other airlines besides JAL Group flights including Fuji Dream Airlines, ANA, AMX and ORC, Solaseed Air your baggage may be checked through to your final destination provided certain conditions are met. For more detailed information, please contact JAL Domestic Reservations.
Minimum Connecting Time (MCT)
If your itinerary involves a connecting to another flight, be it domestic or international, minimum connecting time for the transfer must be secured at the time of your reservation.
Please be advised, however, that meeting the required minimum connecting time (hereinafter "MCT") will not necessarily guarantee the connection under the exceptional circumstances such as delays or disruption of flights.
(1) The following minimum connecting time is required for domestic connections at the same airport.
|Connection Between JAL Group flights*1||At least 20 minutes (At least 25 minutes at Haneda Airport)*2|
|Connection to/from non-JAL Group flights*3 *4||At least 30 minutes (At least 50 minutes at Haneda/Narita Airport)|
- *1JAL Group flights refer to JAL, JTA, JAC and RAC flights.
- *2For connections within multi-airport cities, at least 2 hours and 55 minutes for Osaka (Itami - Kansai), at least 3 hours for Nagoya (Chubu - Komaki) and at least 2 hours and 30 minutes for Sapporo (New Chitose - Okadama)
- *3"non-JAL Group flights" means the flight operated by carrier which has the interline agreement with JAL. (FDA, ANA, AMX and ORC, Solaseed Air) Since JAL doesn't have agreement with other airlines, there are no official MCT with them. If you plan to make a connection between JAL and the airline not mentioned above, it's highly recommended to take enough transit time at the transit airport to pick up the checked baggages and reach departure security check point at least 15minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- *4Including code share flights operated by FDA, and AMX.
(2) The following minimum connecting time is required for international connections from domestic flights at the same airport. If you have a connection to an international flight,
please arrive at the check-in counter at least 30 minutes prior to your flight's scheduled departure time to allow for specific check-in procedures.
|JAL Group domestic flight →
JAL international flight
|At least 1 hour||At least 1 hour||At least 1 hour||At least 1 hour*7|
|JAL Group domestic flight →
Other airline’s international flight
|At least 1 hour and 50 minutes||At least 1 hour and 20 minutes||At least 1 hour and 10 minutes||At least 2 hour|
|JAL international flight →
JAL Group domestic flight
|At least 1 hour and 20 minutes||At least 1 hour and 15 minutes||At least 1 hour and 15 minutes||At least 1 hour and 10 minutes|
- *5At least 3 hour and 30 minutes for connections to/from domestic flights at Haneda Airport
(Connecting time for JAL Group flights is at least 3 hours)
- *6At least 3 hours and 35 minutes for domestic flights connecting to/from Itami Airport
- *7As for JTA(NU) flights, this is applicable only for Okinawa/Naha route, and at least 70mins for other route.
- For more detailed information about minimum connecting time for international connections at airports other than Narita, Kansai, Chubu and Haneda please inquire when booking your reservation.
- The minimum connecting time may differ if you fly codeshare flight operated by other airlines. Please contact us for more details.