The Flex Traveler System is where alternate flight arrangements and a Flex Cooperation Fee is offered for passengers who voluntarily give up their seats on overbooked flights(*1) at the departing airport.
- *1 Excludes overbooking caused by bad weather, disasters, etc.
- In case a flight is overbooked, alternate flight arrangements and a Flex Cooperation Fee are offered to those passengers who volunteer for the Flex Traveler System. (Should the next available flight not be arranged on the same day, hotel accommodations will be offered in addition.) To volunteer for this system, passengers must meet the following conditions:
- Passenger holds a booking for the overbooked flight
- Passenger has purchased a ticket for the overbooked flight at least 20 minutes prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time
- Passenger has already presented his ticket at a check-in counter for the overbooked flight at least 15 minutes prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time
- Flex Cooperation Fees:
|Date of the Alternative Flight *2
||Flex Cooperation Fee
|Next day or later
- *2 Date of the Alternative Flight refers to the departure day of the next available flight.
- JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) Members who volunteer for Flex Traveler System may select to receive Flex Cooperation Miles instead of Flex Cooperation Fee.
|Date of the Alternative Flight *3
||Flex Cooperation Miles
|Next day or later
- *3 Date of the Alternative Flight refers to the departure day of the next available flight.
- What happens when I volunteer for the Flex Traveler System?
- We(*4) will provide a confirmed seat on the next available flight along with a Flex Cooperation Fee. If you are a JMB Member, you have the option of receiving Flex Cooperation Miles instead of the Flex Cooperation Fee.
(Flex Cooperation Fees are: ¥10,000 for alternative flights departing on the same day and ¥20,000 for flights departing on the following day or later. Flex Cooperation Miles for JMB Members are 7,500 miles for alternative flights departing on the same day and 15,000 miles for flights departing on the following day or later.)
- What happens if the next available flight doesn’t depart until the following day?
- If the alternative flight does not depart until the following day, we will offer any necessary expenses (hotel accommodations and transportation costs between the airport and the hotel) in addition to the Flex Cooperation Fee.
- Can I refund my ticket if I volunteer for the Flex Traveler System?
- If you choose NOT to take the alternative flight offered but rather be refunded, the ticket will be refunded the full amount without the normal refund charges.
In such a case, we will still offer you a Flex Cooperation Fee and for JMB Members the option of choosing Flex Cooperation Miles.
- Why does overbooking occur?
- There are passengers holding reservations who do not board their booked flights for various reasons. As it is anticipated that a number of seats will be vacant for this reason and we would like to accommodate more passengers who otherwise would have been refused a reservation on a full flight, flights occasionally result with more passengers than seats.
- How do I know if I am eligible for the Flex Traveler System?
- All passengers with valid bookings and tickets who check-in for their flights no later than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time are eligible to volunteer of the Flex Traveler System. The only exceptions are passengers traveling on Sky Mate Stand-by Tickets.