CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 1 April, 2015
7.REROUTING, FAILURE TO CARRY AND MISSED CONNECTIONS
(A) Rerouting Requested by Passenger
- Under JAL's Regulations, conditions applicable to certain fares may limit or prohibit Rerouting.
- Upon a Passenger's request, JAL may effect a Rerouting with respect to an unused Ticket, Flight Coupon(s) or Miscellaneous Charges Order if:
- JAL issues the Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order;
- JAL is the original issuing Carrier indicated in the so-called "Original Issue" box of the Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order;
- JAL is the Carrier designated in the so-called "Carrier" box of the unused Flight Coupon of the first onward sector that the Rerouting is to commence or Miscellaneous Charges Order,
- JAL is the Carrier to whom such Flight Coupon or Miscellaneous Charges Order is Endorsed, or
- no Carrier is designated in the so-called "Carrier" box of such Flight Coupon or Miscellaneous Charges Order;
provided that, if the Carrier issuing the Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order is designated as a Carrier for any subsequent onward sector(s) and has an office of its own or of its general sales agent authorized to Endorse tickets on its behalf at the point on the routing either where the Rerouting is to commence or where a change in the Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order is to be effected, such issuing Carrier's Endorsement shall be obtained at either of such points in any of the cases of the preceding (i), (ii) and (iii).
- After Carriage commences, the following shall apply:
- additional Carriage at the through fare shall not be permitted unless a request therefor is made prior to the Passenger's arrival at the Destination indicated on the Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order submitted to JAL for such additional Carriage;
- In the event that a new route of travel as after a Rerouting does not satisfy the conditions applicable to a round trip discount, a round trip discount shall not apply to those sectors already flown even if the relevant Ticket is issued on a basis of a round trip discount.
- The fares and charges applicable after a Rerouting shall be those which, as of the date of issue, were intended to apply on the date of commencement of the Carriage; provided that a Passenger, whose Ticket is all unused, requests Rerouting on a Flight coupon for the first international sector, the fares and charges applicable after a Rerouting shall be those applicable on the date on which the change is made and reflected on the Ticket.
- JAL will collect from a Passenger any difference between the fares and charges applicable as after a Rerouting and those originally paid by the Passenger or arrange for a refund, if any, to the Passenger in accordance with Article 13.
- The date of expiration of any Ticket newly issued as a result of a change in a routing, Carrier(s), class of service or flight shall be the same as that of the original Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order; provided that, if a Passenger, whose Ticket is all unused, requests Rerouting on unused Ticket, the date of expiration of a new Ticket shall be calculated from the date of issuing the Rerouting Ticket.
- Time limits on cancellation, and charges for late cancellation, of a reserved seat shall also apply to a Rerouting to be effected upon a Passenger's request.
(B) Involuntary Rerouting
- Unless otherwise provided in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph (B) of Article 12, in the event that JAL cancels a flight, fails to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule, fails to stop at a Passenger's Destination or Stopover point, is unable to provide a Passenger with his/her reserved seat or causes a Passenger to miss a connecting flight on which he/she holds a reservation, JAL will, at the Passenger's option, follow either (a) or (b) below:
- JAL will have the option of providing any of the following remedies:
- carry the Passenger on any other flight of JAL on which a seat is available;
- either Endorse to any other Carrier the unused portion of the Ticket to request such Carrier to carry the Passenger or request other transportation service to carry the Passenger; or
- effect a Rerouting and carry the Passenger, by any other flight of JAL or any other Carrier or by any other transportation services, to his/her Destination or Stopover point indicated in the Ticket or any applicable portion thereof.
- JAL will provide an involuntary refund in accordance with paragraph (C) of Article 13.
- In the event that a Passenger misses an onward connecting flight of JAL on which the Passenger holds a reservation because a Carrier carrying the Passenger fails to operate its flight according to the schedule or changes the schedule of such flight, JAL shall not be liable for such missed connections.
- A Passenger with respect to whom a Rerouting is effected upon JAL's request shall be entitled to retain the free Baggage allowance applicable to the class of service the fare for which the Passenger originally paid. This provision shall also apply in the event that the Passenger is entitled to a fare refund because he/she is transferred from a class of service the fare for which the Passenger paid to a lower class of service.