CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 23 August, 2011
- Stopovers may be permitted at any Agreed Stopping Place subject to Applicable Laws and JAL's Regulations.
6.FARES AND ROUTINGS
- Fares shall apply only to Carriage from the airport at the place of departure to the airport at the Destination and shall not include ground transportation service within airport areas, between airports or between an airport and downtown areas, except in the case that JAL's Regulations specifically provide that such ground transportation service will be provided by JAL without additional charge therefor.
(B) Applicable Fares
- Applicable fares shall be the fares which shall be published by JAL or its Authorised Agent or, if not so published, constructed in accordance with JAL's Regulations, which shall, unless otherwise provided in Applicable Laws, be in effect as of the date of issue and applicable on the date of commencement of the Carriage covered by the first Flight Coupon of a Ticket. If the amount collected is not equivalent to the applicable fare, the difference shall be paid by the Passenger or, as the case may be, refunded by JAL.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Conditions of Carriage or JAL's Regulations, fares entitle a Passenger to occupy one seat of the applicable class. Unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations or specifically approved by JAL, a Passenger shall be entitled to occupy one seat on board.
- Unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, fares shall apply only to a routing published in connection therewith. If there are more than one routings at the same fare, a Passenger may specify the routing prior to issuance of a Ticket. If he/she does not specify the routing, JAL may determine the routing.
(D) Taxes and Charges
- Any tax or charge imposed by a government or other public authority or by an operator of an airport in respect to a Passenger or his/her use of any services or facilities shall be in addition to the published fares and charges and be payable by the Passenger.
- Fares and charges may be paid in a currency to be specified by JAL subject to Applicable Laws other than the currency in which the fare or charge is published. If a payment is made in a currency other than the currency in which the fare or charge is published, such payment shall be made at the rate of exchange established in accordance with JAL's Regulations.