CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 23 August, 2011
- JAL will not issue or exchange/reissue a Ticket unless the Passenger pays the applicable fare or charges, or complies with credit arrangements approved by JAL.
- JAL will collect ticket service charges and exchange/reissue service charges at the time of Ticket issue or each time of Ticket exchange/reissue as a result of a Rerouting upon a Passenger's request pursuant to JAL's Regulations. The service charges are non-refundable for Voluntary Refunds. For Involuntary Refunds, JAL will refund the service charges in accordance with JAL's Regulations.
- A passenger must present a valid Ticket duly issued in accordance with JAL's Regulations and containing the Flight Coupon for the flight which he/she is actually to board and all other unused Flight Coupons and a Passenger Coupon or Passenger Receipt when he/she takes Carriage ( or, in the case of an Electronic Ticket, the Itinerary/Receipt and the passenger's identification). A Passenger shall not be entitled to be carried if the Ticket presented by the Passenger falls within the scope of sub-paragraph (6) of paragraph (A) of Article 10.
- In the case of loss or mutilation of a Ticket or any portion thereof, or non-presentation of a Ticket containing a Passenger Coupon or Passenger Receipt and all unused Flight Coupons, JAL may, upon the Passenger's request and upon receipt of the charges set forth in the next succeeding sub-paragraph, issue a new Ticket to replace such Ticket or such portion subject to the following conditions:
- JAL receives from the Passenger a proof satisfactory to JAL to prove that a valid Ticket for the relevant flight was duly issued and if, given the circumstances, JAL deems it appropriate; and
- the Passenger agrees, in such form as may be prescribed by JAL, to indemnify JAL from any loss and damage incurred by JAL in connection with issue of such replacement Ticket.
- JAL will collect \10,000 (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) as a charge for issue of replacement Tickets in accordance with the preceding sub-paragraph (3) per a Ticket issued to a Passenger which constitutes a single contract of Carriage.
- A Ticket shall not be transferable. JAL shall not be liable to any person entitled to be carried or to receive a refund, for honouring or refunding a Ticket presented by any person other than the person so entitled. If a Ticket is in fact used by any person other than the person who is entitled to be carried, with or without such person's knowledge and consent, JAL shall not be liable for death of or injury to such unauthorised person or for loss, destruction or delay in arrival of, or damage to, such unauthorised person's Baggage or other personal property arising from or in connection with such unauthorised use.
(B) Validity for Carriage
- When Validated, a Ticket shall be good for Carriage from the airport at the place of departure to the airport at the Destination via the route described in the Ticket, at the applicable class of service and for the period of time specified or referred to in the next succeeding sub-paragraph. Each Flight Coupon shall be good for Carriage on the date and flight for which a seat is reserved for the Passenger. If a Flight Coupon is issued on an "open date" basis, a seat will be reserved for the Passenger upon his/her application therefor, subject to the conditions of the applicable fare and the availability of the seat on the flight. The place and date of issue shall be shown on the valid Ticket.
- Unless otherwise provided in the applicable fare rules, the period of validity of a Ticket shall be one year , if Carriage is commenced, from the date of commencement of Carriage or, if no portion of the Ticket is used, from the date of issue thereof. If a Ticket involves a flight coupon to which any fare having a period of validity that is less than one year applies, such period shall apply only to such flight coupon.
- The period of validity of a Miscellaneous Charges Order shall be one year from the date of issue thereof. A Miscellaneous Charges Order will not be honoured for a Ticket unless it is presented for a Ticket within one year from the date of issue thereof.
- A Ticket shall expire at midnight on the date of expiration of the period of validity of the Ticket. Unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, a travel pursuant to a Flight Coupon of a Ticket may continue beyond the date of expiration of the Ticket if such travel commences prior to midnight thereof.
- An expired Ticket or Miscellaneous Charges Order will be accepted for refund in accordance with Article 13.
(C) Extension of Validity
- If a Passenger is prevented from travelling within the period of validity of a Ticket because JAL:
- cancels the flight on which the Passenger holds a reservation;
- fails to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule;
- omits a scheduled stop, being the Passenger's place of departure, Destination or Stopover point;
- causes the Passenger to miss a connection;
- substitutes a different class of service; or
- is unable to provide previously confirmed space;
JAL will, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, extend the period of validity of the Ticket, without additional collection of fare, to JAL's first flight on which a seat is available in the class of service for which the applicable fare is paid by the Passenger.
- If a Passenger holding a Ticket of which the period of validity is one year is prevented from travelling within the period of validity because JAL is unable to provide a seat on the flight in the class of service for which the applicable fare is paid by the Passenger, JAL will extend the period of validity of the Ticket to JAL's first flight on which a seat is available in the class of service for which the applicable fare is paid when the Passenger requests reservation; provided that such extension shall not exceed 7 Days.
- (a)If a Passenger, after commencing his/her travel, is prevented from travelling within the period of validity of a Ticket by reason of his/her illness (but not pregnancy), JAL may, unless precluded by JAL's Regulations applicable to the fare paid by the Passenger, extend such period as follows:
- With respect to a Ticket of which the period of validity is one year, JAL may extend such period to the date on which the Passenger becomes fit to recommence his/her travel according to a valid medical certificate; provided that in case JAL is unable to provide the Passenger on such date with a seat in the class of service for which the applicable fare is paid by the Passenger, to JAL's first flight after such date from the point where the Passenger recommences his/her travel on which flight a seat is available in such class of service. If an unused Flight Coupon of the Ticket involves one or more Stopover points, JAL may, subject to JAL's Regulations, extend the period of validity of the Ticket for not more than 3 months from such date.
- With respect to a Ticket of which the period of validity is less than one year, JAL may, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, extend such period to the date on which the Passenger becomes fit to recommences his/her travel according to a valid medical certificate; provided that in case JAL is unable to provide the Passenger on such date with a seat in the class of service for which the applicable fare is paid by the Passenger, to JAL's first flight after such date from the point where the Passenger recommences his/her travel on which flight a seat is available in such class of service (irrespective of any restrictive conditions applicable to the type of the fare paid), but in no case more than 7 Days from such date.
In the case of (i) or (ii) above, JAL may extend to the same extent the period of validity of Tickets of other members of the immediate family travelling with the Passenger.
- Nothing in the preceding (a) shall permit extension of the period of validity of a Ticket of a Passenger who fully recovers from an illness before such period expires.
- In the event of death of a Passenger en route, JAL may amend or modify the Ticket of a person accompanying the Passenger by, among other things, waiving the minimum stay requirement or extending the period of validity. In the event of death in the immediate family of a Passenger after he/she commences his/her travel, JAL may, also with respect to the Tickets of the Passenger or his/her immediate family accompanying the Passenger, waive the minimum stay requirement or extend the period of validity. Any such amendment or modification shall be subject to JAL's receipt of a proper death certificate and any such extension shall not exceed 45 Days from the date of death.
(D) Flight Coupon Sequence of Use
- JAL will honour Flight Coupons only in sequence from the place of departure indicated in the Ticket.
- A Ticket shall not be valid and JAL will not honour the Ticket if a Flight Coupon for the first international sector is not used and the Passenger commences his/her travel at any Agreed Stopping Place.