JAL CARD Domestic Award Tickets
Eligible boarding period
Apr 1, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018
Period1: Apr 1, 2017 (Sat) - May 31, 2017 (Wed)
Blackout dates: Apr 28, 2017 (Fri) - May 8, 2017 (Mon)
Period2: Dec 5, 2017 (Tue) - Feb 28, 2018 (Wed)
Blackout dates: Dec 23, 2017 (Sat) - Jan 4, 2017 (Tur)
Apr 1, 2018 - Mar 31, 2019
Period1: Apr 1, 2018 (Sun) - May 31, 2018 (Thu) (Flight date)
Blackout dates: Apr 27, 2018 (Fri) - May 7, 2018 (Mon)
Period2: Dec 1, 2018 (Sat) - Feb 28, 2019 (Thu) (Flight date)
Blackout dates: Dec 22, 2018 (Sat) - Jan 6, 2019 (Sun)
- *All travel must be completed within the applicable periods above.
Reservations for round-trip (2-sector) tickets must be made within Period 1 or Period 2 of each service year (from April to the following March).
Effective April 1, 2017, there will be changes to the rules for using JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets and JAL International Award Tickets.
Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
- From Dec 1, 2017 (Fri) 9:30 (Japan time) , until 23:59, 4 days before the departure date.
- After Feb 2, 2018 departure date, reservation is possible from 9:30 (Japan time) 2 months before, until 23:59, 4 days before the departure date.
(If the same date does not exist 2 months before, count will start from the last day of the month, 2 months before the departure date.)
JALCARD members who newly applied for Domestic Award Tickets JALCARD Mileage and only through JAL website.
JAL Group Airlines domestic routes, JAC, JTA and RAC
- *JTA Tokyo (Haneda) - Ishigaki/Miyako routes, Nagoya (Chubu) - Ishigaki routes, Osaka (Kansai) - Ishigaki routes are ineligible for this discount.
- Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors listed in this chart due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation. Therefore awards cannot be used for these sectors.
- *Code-share flights operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA), Amakusa Airlines (AMX) are not eligible for award JAL CARD domestic award tickets.
- *You may choose to use any 2 or 1 of the routes. Furthermore, only direct flights may be used for all sectors.
- *Code-share flights operated by Jetstar Japan (GK) are eligible for Jetstar Japan(GK) award tickets, but are not eligible for JALCARD Domestic Award Tickets.
Jetstar Japan (GK) Award Tickets
Economy Class, Class J
Please click here for required mileage.
JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Ticket Chart
- *One-way (1 flight sector) award tickets will not be eligible for JALCARD Domestic Award Ticket.
- * Award issued for child (3-11 years old) and infant (under the age of 3 and above eight days after birth) occupying a seat require the same mileage as those issued for adults.
- *Combination of this promotion and the others is not possible.
ex) A combination of a round-trip ticket issued in this discount together with a standard-issue one-way award ticket → Not available.
- *For the Class J Seat award ticket, 2,000 miles are required per 1 flight sector per person (4,000 miles for 2 flight sectors) in addition to the mileage required for the Economy Class award ticket.
- Award tickets issued through this discount are valid only for the flight and date originally reserved.
- Award tickets are valid during the eligible promotion period only if the reservation is changed before the reservation change deadline.
- *Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation. Therefore awards cannot be used for these sectors, even if it is valid.
Notes on redeeming miles for awards
- Reservations applied through the JAL website are eligible for this promotion.
It is ineligible to apply for this promotion through the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk by telephone.
- All award reservations completed without using this promotion cannot be changed to those using promotion.
- Waitlisted reservations are ineligible for this promotion.
- Please note that there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use.
(There may be situations where seats for awards may not be set at the time of reservation commencement.)
Even if there are seat availabilities for reservations other than for awards, award use may not be possible.
Change to Awards After Mileage Redemption
Change to flight number and flight date are possible only through the JAL website.
Change to dates outside the promotion period is not permitted. (It is ineligible to change the itineraries to dates outside of the promotion period with additional mileage.)
Requests to change a Class will not be accepted.
Deadlines for Changing Reservations
Reservation changes will be accepted until 4 days prior to the new departure date (not including the day of departure) and must be made before the departure time of 15 minutes prior to departure.
||Original departure date
||New departure date
||Reservation change (Japan time)
||15 minutes prior to flight departure on Sep 10*
- *Reservation changes through the JAL website must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure of your reserved flight.
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
- Refund is possible only through the JAL website.
- The award can only be reinstated for totally unused award by paying the applicable fee. 3,100 Japanese Yen paying by credit card.
If the reservation is not canceled before departure, award mileage cannot be reinstated.
For all other condition of use concerning application and usage Domestic Award Tickets rules will apply.
JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets
Using award tickets at the airport on the day of departure
- If changes are made to Class J award tickets, Class J for the new flight date may not be available or scheduled. In such cases, Economy Class may have to be taken instead, and mileage for the Class J portion will not be reinstated. When you wish to change your Economy Class to Class J at the airport on the day of departure, please go through the upgrade procedure at the airport ticketing counter and mention that required mileage for Class J has already been deducted.
- If Class J /First Class are available at the time of departure, you may travel in Class J /First Class by paying a Class J /First Class surcharge.
- JMB mileage is not accepted as methods of payment.
How to request JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets
Please select your region and click the Award Ticket Reservation.
button to proceed with your award request.
JALCARD holders can enjoy greater discounts!