Effective November 16, 2017, there will be some changes to mileage-related handling procedures due to scheduled transformation of Passenger Service System.
Eligible boarding period
Period1: Apr 1, 2017 (Sat) - Jun 30, 2017 (Fri)
Blackout dates: Apr 28, 2017 (Fri) - May 8, 2017 (Mon)
Period2: Dec 5, 2017 (Tue) - Mar 31, 2018 (Sat)
Blackout dates: Dec 23, 2017 (Sat) - Jan 4, 2017 (Tur)
Effective April 1, 2017, there will be changes to the rules for using JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets and JAL International Award Tickets. Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
- From Dec 1, 2017 (Fri) 9:30 (Japan time) , until 23:59*, 4 days before the departure date.
- After Feb 2, 2018 departure date, reservation is possible from 9:30 (Japan time) 2 months before, until 23:59*, 4 days before the departure date.
( If the same date does not exist 2 months before, count will start from the last day of the month, 2 months before the departure date.)
Only the JALCARD navi member himself/herself is eligible for this promotion.
Please log in on JAL's website as JALCARD navi member and proceed.
- * Even relatives within the second degree of relationship are not eligible for this promotion.
- * It is ineligible to apply for this discount mileage by telephone.
JAL Group Airlines domestic routes are eligible.
- All routes of Japan Airlines (JAL)
- Certain routes of Japan Transocean Air (JTA)
- All routes of Japan Air Commuter (JAC)
- All routes of Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC)
- * JTA Tokyo (Haneda) - Ishigaki/Miyako routes, Nagoya (Chubu) - Ishigaki routes , Osaka (Kansai) - Ishigaki routes are ineligible for this discount.
- * Code-share flights operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) are not eligible for Discount Mileage Promotion for JALCARD navi members.
- * Code-share flights operated by Amakusa Airlines are not eligible for award tickets.
- * Code-share flights operated by Jetstar Japan (GK) are eligible for Jetstar Japan(GK) award tickets, but are not eligible for Discount Mileage Promotion for JALCARD navi members.
Required mileage for discount
Economy Class, Class J
- 1 sector (one way) 3,000 miles (Reservations changes made on/after April 1, 2017, eligible members can redeem 3,000 miles for 1 flight sector.)
- 2 sectors (any 2 sectors)* 6,000 miles
- * You can combine eligible routes. All combinations have the same number of miles.
- * All routes require the same number of miles.
- * Combination of this promotion and the others is not possible.
- ex) A combination of a round-trip ticket issued in this discount together with a standard-issue one-way award ticket → Not available
- * For the Class J Seat award ticket, 2,000 miles are required per 1 flight sector per person (4,000 miles for 2 flight sectors) in addition to the mileage required for the Economy Class award ticket.
Award tickets issued through this discount are valid only for the flight and date originally reserved.
The ticket validity for Award Tickets will be the earlier date of either 90 days calculated from the first ticket issue date (date mileage was redeemed), or the final date set for the discount mileage, only if the reservation change is completed before the reservation change deadline.
Note that award tickets cannot be used on blackout dates or on dates outside the discount period.
- * Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation. Therefore awards cannot be used for these sectors, even if it is valid.
Notes on redeeming miles for awards
- The primary JALCARD navi member is required to log in to his/her member account.
- Only the JALCARD navi member himself/herself is eligible for this promotion. Even relatives within the second degree of relationship are not eligible for this promotion.
- Reservations applied through the JAL website are eligible for this promotion.
It is ineligible to apply for this discount mileage through the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk by telephone.
- All award reservations completed without using this promotion cannot be changed to those using promotion.
- Waitlisted reservations are ineligible for this promotion.
- Please note that there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use.
(There may be situations where seats for awards may not be set at the time of reservation commencement.)
Even if there are seat availabilities for reservations other than for awards, award use may not be possible.
Change to Awards After Mileage Redemption
Change to flight number and flight date are possible only through the JAL website.
Change s to dates outside the promotion period is not permitted. (It is ineligible to change the itineraries to dates outside of the promotion period with additional mileage.)
Requests to change a Class will not be accepted.
Deadlines for Changing Reservations
Reservation changes will be accepted until 4 days prior to the new departure date (not including the day of departure) and must be made before the departure time of 15 minutes prior to departure.
||Original departure date
||New departure date
||Reservation change (Japan time)
||15 minutes prior to flight departure on Sep 10 *
- * Reservation changes through the JAL website must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure of your reserved flight.
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
- Refund is possible only through the JAL website.
- The award can only be reinstated for totally unused award by paying the applicable fee. 3,100 Japanese Yen paying by credit card.
If the reservation is not canceled before departure, award mileage cannot be reinstated.
- For all other condition of use concerning application and usage Domestic Award Tickets rules will apply. For further details, please refer click here.
Using award tickets at the airport on the day of departure
- If an earlier flight on the day of departure is available at the airport, you may board the earlier flight provided it is of the same flight sector.
- If changes are made to Class J award tickets, Class J for the new flight date may not be available or scheduled. In such cases, Economy Class may have to be taken instead, and mileage for the Class J portion will not be reinstated. When you wish to change your Economy Class to Class J at the airport on the day of departure, please go through the upgrade procedure at the airport ticketing counter and mention that required mileage for Class J has already been deducted.
- If Class J /First Class are available at the time of departure, you may travel in Class J /First Class by paying a Class J /First Class surcharge.
- JMB mileage is not accepted as methods of payment.
Please login and choose "Japan Domestic Award Ticket Reservation" from the left hand column of the your personal webpage.
To Page top