Eligible boarding period
Apr.01,2013～Mar.31,2014 (Flight date)
- *Reservation acceptance deadline is 12:00 4 days prior to the date of departure. Award booking for round trip will be accepted starting no earlier than 330 days prior to the date of departure.
- * It is possible to book a round-trip flight which spans FY2012 and FY2013 implementation periods for the promotion "JALCARD International Award Ticket".
- *Use of awards during the blackout dates is not possible.
- *In order to apply for this JALCARD discount promotion required mileage for awards, you must first select “JALCARD International Award Tickets” on the International Award Ticket Reservation screen. Please note that if you select other International Award Ticket, this JALCARD promotion required mileage will not apply.
- *When miles are deducted from a JALCARD member's account, spouse of JALCARD member, JMB specified applicable relatives (relatives in the 2nd degree),and spouses of brother/sister in-law can use this JALCARD promotion, even if a JALCARD member is not traveling together.
- *Only eligible for JALCARD member when the required miles are redeemed.
JAL International Award Tickets that can be applied for through JAL website.
- *When the itinerary includes Japan flights, JAL, Japan Transocean Air(JTA), and JAL Express (JEX) flights are eligible. Japan Air Commuter and Ryukyu Air Commuter or code-share flights are not eligible.
- *Japan domestic "First Class" and "Class J" cannot be used as awards.
※International Award Tickets for code-share flights operated by other airlines are restricted in use of flights and/or sectors
- *You cannot only fly on flight sector without traffic right.
- *Under U.S. law, it is not permitted that members travel with airlines bearing nationality other than U.S.A. from U.S. main land or Honolulu to Guam via Japan or vice versa.
- *Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation.
- *JALCARD promotion may not be applicable to some sectors or some flights. These sectors or flights are subject to change without notice.
Required mileage for discount
1,000 mile reduction from the standard required miles
Click the following link and see the required mileage for JALCARD members.
Asia / Oceania Region
Europe / Middle East / Africa Region
In addition to the required mileage, fuel surcharges , other taxes and fees will be collected.
First class is ineligible. Combination of first class with classes eligible is ineligible for discount as well.
There are situations where there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use. There are also situations where seats for award use may not apply to certain flights.
Standard mileage, Discount mileage and various campaign mileage cannot be combined.
Note/ Conditions of use
- JALCARD International Award Tickets cannot be requested by telephone. Awards reserved by calling JMB International Award Reservation Desk cannot be changed to award using JALCARD International Award Tickets.
- First Class is not eligible. (Combination of first class with classes eligible is not eligible for discount as well.)
- Itineraries with the same or mixed classes in Economy Class, Premium Economy and Business Class are eligible.
(The total mileage required will be the sum of half of the mileage of the different classes.)
- If you do not board the reserved flight without prior notice, ticket will be invalid.
- Cancellation or refund is only possible before commencement of travel. Refund handling fee is 3,000 miles or ¥3,000. If reservation is not cancelled before departure, award mileage cannot be refunded.
- Even during the period, award seats may not be available due to blackout dates and limited number of seats available for award travel. Seats for award use may not be available in certain flights or routes.
- Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation.
- oneworld Award Tickets, Partner Airlines Award Tickets and JAL International Upgrade Awards are not eligible for JALCARD International Award Tickets.
- Validity of Award Tickets applying to this promotion is March 31, 2014.
- All flights must be boarded within the eligible boarding period.
For other condition of applying for award tickets through JAL website, please refer here, Reservations that do not meet the conditions of use are not eligible for JALCARD International Award Tickets.
For all other condition of use concerning application and usage International Award Tickets, JAL International Award Ticket rules will apply. For further details, please refer here(American Region, Asia·Oceania Region, Europe·Middle East·Africa Region.)
Please refer to the JMB Rules and Conditions for all other conditions concerning JMB awards application and usage.
Please click on "International Award Reservation Confirmation" on the left-hand column of the member’s page.
Click on the "Display/ Print the E-Ticket Passenger Receipts" button in the reservation information page.
*If the "Display/ Print the E-Ticket Passenger Receipts" button does not appear, please contact us by telephone.
Print out the e-ticket passenger receipts.
Please bring the e-ticket passenger receipts along with you to the airport on your departure day.