Eligible boarding period
[April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017]
Period2: Dec. 1, 2016 (Thu) - Feb. 28, 2017 (Tue)
Blackout dates: Dec. 23, 2016 (Fri) - Jan. 4, 2017 (Wed)
[April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018]
Apr. 1, 2017 (Sat) - May. 31, 2017 (Wed)
Blackout dates: Apr. 28, 2017 (Fri) - May. 8, 2017 (Mon)
All travel must be completed within the applicable period above.
Reservations for round-trip (2-sector) tickets must be made within one service year (from April to the following March).
Effective April 1, 2017, there will be changes to the rules for using JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets and JAL International Award Tickets. Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
From 9:30 (Japan time) two months before the flight date until 23:59*, 4 days before the flight date
- * However, if the itinerary is within 15 days from the flight date of the 1st sector, and where Return Trip Confirmation Service has been applied, reservations for the 2nd sector onward may be made more than 2 months before.
- * Conditions apply to Return Trip Confirmation Service.
Members newly applying for JAL Group airlines domestic award tickets through the JAL website.
JAL Group Airlines domestic routes are eligible.
- All routes of Japan Airlines (JAL)
- Certain routes of Japan Transocean Air (JTA)
- All routes of Japan Air Commuter (JAC)
- All routes of Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC)
- Hokkaido Air System (HAC)
- * JTA Tokyo (Haneda) - Ishigaki/Miyako routes, Nagoya (Chubu) - Ishigaki routes, Osaka (Kansai) - Ishigaki routes are ineligible for this discount.
- * Code-share flights operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) are not eligible for award tickets discount mileage.
- * Code-share flights operated by Amakusa Airlines are not eligible for award tickets.
- * Code-share flights operated by Jetstar Japan (GK) are eligible for Jetstar Japan(GK) award tickets, but are not eligible for Discount Mileage.
Required mileage for discount
Regular Seat, Class J
- * Available for one-way (1 flight sector) travel!
- * Award issued for child (3-11 years old) and infant (under the age of 3 and above eight days after birth) occupying a seat require the same mileage as those issued for adults.
- * Combination of this promotion and the others is not possible.
ex)A combination of a round-trip ticket issued in this discount together with a standard-issue one-way award ticket → Not available
- * For the Class J Seat award ticket, 2,000 miles are required per 1 flight sector per person (4,000 miles for 2 flight sectors) in addition to the mileage required for the Regular Seat award ticket.
When using JTA/RAC neighbor island routes
2 flight sectors of JTA/RAC neighbor island routes may be combined with Hokkaido/Honshu/Shikoku/Kyushu - Okinawa (Naha, Ishigaki, Miyako, Kumejima) routes on JAL/JTA with an additional 5,000 miles. However, for 3 or more JTA/RAC neighbor island sectors, additional miles depending on an area will be deducted for every 2 additional flight sectors.
*This service will not be available for travel on/after April 1, 2017.Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
|JTA neighbor island routes
||RAC neighbor island routes
|Okinawa (Naha) - Ishigaki, Miyako, Kumejima
||Okinawa (Naha) - Ishigaki, Kumejima, Miyako, Yonaguni
|Ishigaki - Miyako, Yonaguni
||Ishigaki - Miyako, Yonaguni|
*If JTA/RAC neighbor island route sectors are combined with Hokkaido/Honshu/Shikoku/Kyushu = Okinawa (Naha, Ishigaki, Miyako, Kumejima) routes on JAL/JTA with an additional 5,000 miles, one-way (1 flight sector) mileage will not apply to neither one of sectors.
- Award tickets issued through this discount are valid only for the flight and date originally reserved.
- The ticket validity for Award Tickets will be the earlier date of either 90 days calculated from the first ticket issue date(date mileage was redeemed), or the final date set for the discount mileage, only if the reservation change is completed before the reservation change deadline.
- Note that award tickets cannot be used on blackout dates or on dates outside the discount period.
- *Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation. Therefore awards cannot be used for these sectors, even if it is valid.
Notes on redeeming miles for awards
- Reservations applied through the JAL website are eligible for this discount.
It is ineligible to apply for this discount mileage through the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk by telephone.
- All award reservations completed without using this discount cannot be changed to those using discount.
- Waitlisted reservations are ineligible for this discount.
- Please note that there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use.
(There may be situations where seats for awards may not be set at the time of reservation commencement.)
Even if there are seat availabilities for reservations other than for awards, award use may not be possible.
Change to Awards After Mileage Redemption
Change to flight number and flight date are possible only through the JAL website.
Changes to dates outside the discount period is not permitted. (It is ineligible to change the itineraries to dates outside of the discount period with additional mileage.)
*Use an additional 2,000 miles per flight sector to upgrade award tickets for standard seats to award tickets for Class J seats are not permitted.
*For flights boarded on/after April 1, 2015, one-way (1 flight sector) award tickets will not be eligible for JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Ticket Discount Mileage. In connection with this new rule, JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Ticket Discount Mileage will not be available even when flights to be boarded on/after April 1, 2015 are changed to flights dates on/before March 31, 2015.
Deadlines for Changing Reservations
Reservation changes will be accepted until 4 days prior to the new departure date (not including the day of departure) and must be made before the departure time of 15 minutes prior to departure.
||Original departure date
||New departure date
||Reservation change *1
||15 minutes prior to flight departure on Sep 10 *2
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
- Refund is possible only through the JAL website.
- The award can only be reinstated for totally unused award by paying the applicable fee. 3,100 miles or 3,100 Japanese Yen paying by credit card.
If the reservation is not canceled before departure, award mileage cannot be reinstated.
*When cancelling/refunding a completely unused award ticket, payment of ¥3,100 (or the local equivalent for regions other than Japan) will be the only option available for paying the refund charge. Payments made with miles will no longer be accepted for cancellations/refunds made on/after April 1 2017.Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
- For all other condition of use concerning application and usage Domestic Award Tickets rules will apply. For further details, please refer click here.
Using award tickets at the airport on the day of departure
- If an earlier flight on the day of departure is available at the airport, you may board the earlier flight provided it is of the same flight sector.
- If changes are made to Class J award tickets, Class J for the new flight date may not be available or scheduled. In such cases, regular seat may have to be taken instead, and mileage for the Class J portion will not be reinstated. When you wish to change your regular seat to Class J at the airport on the day of departure, please go through the upgrade procedure at the airport ticketing counter and mention that required mileage for Class J has already been deducted.
- If Class J /First Class are available at the time of departure, you may travel in Class J /First Class by paying a Class J /First Class surcharge.
- JMB mileage, Class J-e Coupons, Class J Coupons and First Class Upgrade Coupons are not accepted as methods of payment.
Please login and choose "Japan Domestic Award Ticket Reservation" from the left hand column of the your personal webpage.
To Page top