Eligible boarding period
April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
Period2: Dec. 1, 2016 (Thu) - Feb. 28, 2017 (Tue)
Blackout dates: Dec. 23, 2016 (Fri) - Jan. 4, 2017 (Wed)
April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
Apr. 1, 2017 (Sat) - May. 31, 2017 (Wed)
Blackout dates: Apr. 28, 2017 (Fri) - May. 8, 2017 (Mon)
All travel must be completed within the applicable period above.
Reservations for round-trip (2-sector) tickets must be made within one service year (from April to the following March).
Effective April 1, 2017, there will be changes to the rules for using JAL Group Airlines Domestic Award Tickets and JAL International Award Tickets. Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
From 9:30 (Japan time) two months before the flight date until 23:59*, 4 days before the flight date
- * However, if the itinerary is within 15 days from the flight date of the 1st sector, and where Return Trip Confirmation Service has been applied, reservations for the 2nd sector onward may be made more than 2 months before.
- * Conditions apply to Return Trip Confirmation Service.
Members newly applying for JAL Group airlines domestic award tickets through the JAL website.
JAL Group Airlines domestic routes are eligible.
- All routes of Japan Airlines (JAL)
- Certain routes of Japan Transocean Air (JTA)
- All routes of Japan Air Commuter (JAC)
- All routes of Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC)
- Hokkaido Air System (HAC)
- * JTA Tokyo (Haneda) - Ishigaki/Miyako routes, Nagoya (Chubu) - Ishigaki routes, Osaka (Kansai) - Ishigaki routes are ineligible for this discount.
- * Code-share flights operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) are not eligible for award tickets discount mileage.
- * Code-share flights operated by Amakusa Airlines are not eligible for award tickets.
- * Code-share flights operated by Jetstar Japan (GK) are eligible for Jetstar Japan(GK) award tickets, but are not eligible for Discount Mileage.
Required mileage for discount
Economy Class, Class J
- * Available for one-way (1 flight sector) travel!
- * Award issued for child (3-11 years old) and infant (under the age of 3 and above eight days after birth) occupying a seat require the same mileage as those issued for adults.
- * Combination of this promotion and the others is not possible.
ex)A combination of a round-trip ticket issued in this discount together with a standard-issue one-way award ticket → Not available
- * For the Class J Seat award ticket, 2,000 miles are required per 1 flight sector per person (4,000 miles for 2 flight sectors) in addition to the mileage required for the Economy Class award ticket.
- Award tickets issued through this discount are valid only for the flight and date originally reserved.
- The ticket validity for Award Tickets will be the earlier date of either 90 days calculated from the first ticket issue date(date mileage was redeemed), or the final date set for the discount mileage, only if the reservation change is completed before the reservation change deadline.
- Note that award tickets cannot be used on blackout dates or on dates outside the discount period.
- *Flights may not be operated on some flight sectors due to flight cancellation, days of operation or seasonal operation. Therefore awards cannot be used for these sectors, even if it is valid.
Notes on redeeming miles for awards
- Reservations applied through the JAL website are eligible for this discount.
It is ineligible to apply for this discount mileage through the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk by telephone.
- All award reservations completed without using this discount cannot be changed to those using discount.
- Waitlisted reservations are ineligible for this discount.
- Please note that there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use.
(There may be situations where seats for awards may not be set at the time of reservation commencement.)
Even if there are seat availabilities for reservations other than for awards, award use may not be possible.
Change to Awards After Mileage Redemption
Change to flight number and flight date are possible only through the JAL website.
Changes to dates outside the discount period is not permitted. (It is ineligible to change the itineraries to dates outside of the discount period with additional mileage.)
*Use an additional 2,000 miles per flight sector to upgrade award tickets for standard seats to award tickets for Class J seats are not permitted.
*Effective for requests made on/after April 1, 2017, requests to change a Class J award ticket to Economy Class will not be accepted. Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
Deadlines for Changing Reservations
Reservation changes will be accepted until 4 days prior to the new departure date (not including the day of departure) and must be made before the departure time of 15 minutes prior to departure.
||Original departure date
||New departure date
||Reservation change *1
||15 minutes prior to flight departure on Sep 10 *2
- *1 Reservation changes must be made within the business hours of the reservation change desk.
*These deadline time zones will be standardized and based on Japan time in all regions for requests made on/after April 1,2017.Award Tickets Notification of change to rules
Japan Region is based on Japan time.
American Region is based on US Pacific time, or Sao Paulo time if the request is made in South America. (For reservations made from the JAL website, time is based on US Pacific time.)
Europe, Middle East & Africa Region is based on UK time.
Asia & Oceania Region is based on local time. (For reservations made from the JAL website and JAL mobile site, time is based on Hong Kong time.)
If your booked flight departs earlier than the business hours of the reservation change desk, the reservation change must be made within the business hours of the previous business day.
- *2 Reservation changes through the JAL website must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure of your reserved flight.
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
- Refund is possible only through the JAL website.
- The award can only be reinstated for totally unused award by paying the applicable fee. 3,100 Japanese Yen (or local currency equivalent of ¥3,100) paying by credit card.
If the reservation is not canceled before departure, award mileage cannot be reinstated.
- For all other condition of use concerning application and usage Domestic Award Tickets rules will apply. For further details, please refer click here.
Using award tickets at the airport on the day of departure
- If an earlier flight on the day of departure is available at the airport, you may board the earlier flight provided it is of the same flight sector.
- If changes are made to Class J award tickets, Class J for the new flight date may not be available or scheduled. In such cases, Economy Class may have to be taken instead, and mileage for the Class J portion will not be reinstated. When you wish to change your Economy Class to Class J at the airport on the day of departure, please go through the upgrade procedure at the airport ticketing counter and mention that required mileage for Class J has already been deducted.
- If Class J /First Class are available at the time of departure, you may travel in Class J /First Class by paying a Class J /First Class surcharge.
- JMB mileage is not accepted as methods of payment.
Please login and choose "Japan Domestic Award Ticket Reservation" from the left hand column of the your personal webpage.
To Page top